Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A little history

I am 49 years old, married to a wonderful man and have a stepson. Hubby and his first wife adopted stepson. I too was previously married (20 years), in a bad marriage. Ex husband lived his life outside the marriage and dropped in on occasion. Ex expected this to be acceptable. I felt like I ran a boarding house, with an occasional boarder, eat, sleep, do his laundry, then off again to play. So, I escaped that hell. Met a wonderful man and got married 7 years ago. Problem being is stepson. He has problems. Lots and lots of problems. Lets call stepson Jake. Jake causes so much turmoil in our home you just can't know what it is like. Thus, the anxiety and depression. I am on medication for this but it only helps a small amount. This blog will document the wild and craziness that is my life. I will begin with the last big hoohaa that Jake created. We purchased a 2005 Yukon, beautiful, Perfect! The carpet still had the plastic like from the factory, with only 33,000 miles! I fell in love with it and we need a vehicle that can tow a boat. So perfect! We went to the beach in South Carolina for a weeks vacation in new to us vehicle (had it 2 weeks), tow boat, 2 dogs and all the stuff you need for a week at the beach. On Friday of that week Jake wakes us up at 4 AM saying, "our car just got stolen". What? Huh? I am asleep, as is hubby. Hubby jumps out of bed runs outside and sure enough vehicle gone. Seems that Jake had been going out every night to the pool at the complex then going to the car to talk on his cell (we didn't know he had) and watch DVD's in the car. Some drug types with casing the area apparently and watched Jake cavort all night for a few nights. Then on Friday at 4 AM when he was making his nightly prowl, they came up to him with a knife and demanded the keys and off they go. We had to have hubby's dad come and get us and the dogs, and one of hubby’s employees came with a pick up to haul the boat back. Geezz, what a nice vacation. The detectives found the car three days later. So hubby and I have to take a day from work to go and retrieve it. I was literally sick. The ones that stole it had taken it for a trail ride, amongst other things. The thieves 5 of them went to a local grocery store and left the receipt in the car, with the date and time stamp. So the detectives got the security video and know who they all are, just a matter of rounding them up. The beautiful vehicle was so messed up. Filthy, filthy, scratched from the trail ride, seats with burn marks, dash dismantled, console dismantled, just amazing what was done in only 3 days. Today, 3 weeks later we should be able to pick up the repaired vehicle. I have only driven it 3 times. Depressing. Now when We go to bed, I hide all the keys to everything. This is just the last debacle, I will post about all the others later.

2 comments:

Shambhu said...

That sucks. I was burgled once, I know how it feels. How old is, "Jake"?

Kevin said...

I suffer from an anxiety disorder and depression too.


My profile is new but similar to yours.. why don't you check it out?