Friday, August 31, 2007

Car trouble

In May my sweet hubby took me for a long weekend to the beach for my birthday. Son Jake was to stay with hubby's parents, Jakes grandparents. Well, Jake pulled a fast one on Gramma and Poppie, he left like he was going to the bus stop, but of course, he didn't really do that. The first day, a Thursday, he went and hung out all day with a lady who we call his fairy god mother. She is very wealthy and if he helps her do any little thing she gives him $$. He told her he had missed the bus. She SHOULD have taken him to school right then, oh well, Jake is not her responsibility. The second day, a Friday, he left like going to the bus again and again did not do that. I am unsure what he did all that day. Saturday and Sunday Gramma took him to the park and to the lake and dropped him off to play for the day. When hubby and I return on Sunday around 2PM, while unloading the SUV we drove down, hubby calls to me, "Cin what happened to your car??". I run to the garage and there is my car, a Toyota Camrey, with a smashed front quarter panel. Then we notice that the garage door and track and wall were bashed as well. Hubby decides "someone" tried to seal my car and proceeds to call the Sheriff. I knew immediately that Jake was the culpret. Hubby didn't want to believe it. We and Sheriff railed on Jake and he would not confess. Sheriff took the statements and left. The next day Jake confessed to his dad, saying he was going to back it out to wash it. Yeah, right. Lay out of school, wreck Mom's car, lie about it, Happy Birthday Mom.

5 comments:

Shambhu said...

Two more years. When my kid turned 18, I said, "I'm moving, what are you going to do?"

Gledwood said...

Hi I saw you comment at Ivy's and come over through fascination... i have known Ivy for what seems like ages she is a ONE know what i mean??
I was sorry to hear you call your blog Living With Anxiety and Depression.. I did for years and years.. anxiety has pretty much GONE I feel there is nothing worth worrying about.. depression not so I was dearly wishing that asteroid would hit earth NOW not in 30 fucking years why does everything have to be so FAR FAR future?
I hope your Mum will be OK lung cancer as you know... nasty business
I smoke like a chimney I really must stop I know my 2 grandads had bad emphasema there has been a lot of bad illness in my family too
I was going to put you in my links... i have a mental health links and a just mixed one... i suppose i will put you in both.. "best blogs vii" and the mental section...
come by mine some time.. say hi if you do tho please

ok till l8r

gleds

Matt said...

Hi Cindy, I saw you comment at Ivy's blog as well...
What can you say...teenage boys are tough, this one seems especially tough. This must be especially tough for you with him being your step-son and not your biological one. My prayers go out to you in your time of need with your Mother and Step-son.
Does your step-son have many friends?
Press on....

rowan said...

heavy...I'm sorry that your son did that and of course it makes sense nobody wants to believe it and in your heart of hearts you know. at least you are not lying to yourself. it's not too late for him to change his ways. try to figure out what might have spurred that in him..it's so hardto be a parent.

CindyB1 said...

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your comments and support. God knows I need it. Going through a bad time right now. Will make a post about that. Take care!

Hugs,
Cin