Monday, November 19, 2007

The Holidays are upon us!!!

Happy Early Thanksgiving to everyone! We have planned the holidays and it looks like all will work out just great. Both brothers and childred will be there. I am doing the turkey, gravy and mashed potatos and the wine. #1 SIL is doing the vegetable dishes and dressing. #2 SIL is doing the dessert and appitizers. Dad is making the yeast rolls (as always) and the iced tea. I am glad the brother and #2 SIL determined to join us. It will be nice for us all to be together this first holiday after Mom's passing. Her monument is finally in place, and Dad says it is the most outstanding of all there. This is the way it should be. Mom was always the most outstanding anywhere she was. After I get the Turkey in the oven, Hubby, son and I are going out to see it. I want to get an Idea of some flowers for Christmas to put there. We had an inherited cat (Daphne), she was the pet of our best friends parents. Both parents went through long sicknesses and died within a year of one another. Daphne was ignored during this time to the point of having to get water from the shower stall. We took her because we felt so sorry for her having such a sad life the past few years. That was about 4 years ago. Ever since we have had her she has had marking issues, or bad kidneys, couldn't decide. Last weekend she was acting pooky and on Sunday I spent the whole day at the emergency vet one city away. Well they wanted $950.00 just to look at her. I asked for some pain meds and antibotics which they sold me and went home. The next day we took her to our regular vet and she was very sick and not going to live, so we had to put her out of her misery. She was a sweet kitty and I am glad her last years were better than she had ever had. Now I am worried about LambChop, the older Maltese that was diagnosed with diabetes. She can not make it through the night with out having a flood. I took her to the vet first thing the AM to be checked out. Dang, I guess doggie diapers are the next option. 2007 has not been my best year. I look forward to a new beginning. On a happy note, Jake has not done hardley anything outrageous in almost a month! Yeah! The puppy is so sweet and makes me smile. He is a snuggle bug! I will post pictures when I can. Hugs to all!

Cin

1 comment:

Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.