Monday, November 5, 2007

I'm Baaaaccckkkkk!

Hi All, I had to take a break from blogging for a while. Just too depressed to let out any thoughts or feelings. I still have trouble but am getting better. Every once in a while I have a thought, I should ask Mom something and I catch myself before the thought has finished.

One bright spot though. A guy at work got a puppy, a full blood Maltese. I have a picture in my office of my dogs puppy picture, and he was telling me how they looked just alike. For about a month he was asking advice on puppy-dom and I was giving him advise. Well, on October 9th, exactly one month after Mom passed, he popped his head in my office and asked, "want a puppy?". Dang, I don't need another pet (have 2 dogs and 2 cats already), but I needed a reason to smile and I covetted his puppy from the very start. So, I now have a Maltese puppy. About 2 lbs of White fur, bouncing all around and sweet, sweet and loving. Husband wasn't so sure about another one especially such a tiny one. But a week ago we were sitting by the fire and Marley (the puppy) did something crazy, and hubby said, "he IS a cute little shit", so I am out of the woods on that one. Friday night he, Marley, some how got between the sheet and the comforter and could not figure how to get out. This is about 3 AM. It was so funny, it looked like a mole running all around under the comforter, just a little moving lump, that also had a squeek every once in a while. He has been really good for me, making me laugh and lifting the spirits. LambChop, my original dog, is 14 people years old. She has just been diagnosed with diabetes. Dang, now I have to give her an injection every morning. She is looking a bunch better. She is quite indifferent to the puppy, but Katie the 100lb Black Lab, loves the puppy. I think she is mothering him. Too cute.

Now, just trying to figure out Thanksgiving, and what and where to cook and eat. I love Thanksgiving, it is my favorite holiday. Not financially draining, and relaxed and fun.

Hubby bought new toy. It is a turntable for vinyl records that you can make CD's from the records. So we got out all the old, old stuff and have had a ball listening and making CD's. I had forgotten some of the really good old stuff, like Atlanta Rhythm Section and Lousiana LaRoux.

Hubby plays drums in an old guys band, (most of the guys are in their 40s), but amazingly play some really good new stuff, thank god. Well, hubby has decided that the band is going to set up in our basement and play for New Years. Just 60 people or so. YIKES!!!!!! Life is never dull! Now, what do I feed all these people, besides beer and wine?

No comments: